As we get ready to drop a new single and perform on Global’s ‘The Morning Show’, the band wanted to take a moment to look back at 2018 and thank the various people who have supported us over the past year. From our first gig at the legendary Horseshoe Tavern to being featured on 94.9FM’s ‘Generation Next’; from being hand-selected to play at Toronto Ribfest on Canada Day to securing our first TV appearance on Global – these were great moments for the band and they wouldn’t have been possible without the help of the following individuals (in alphabetical order):
- Ava Baccari – for asking the band to perform at the holiday party for the digital content and publishing team at Rogers Media.
- Melissa C. and Alex F. from Rehearsal Factory – for being so accommodating during our band practices.
- Lilly Crow – for taking fantastic photos of us during our recording session at Union Sound Company.
- Lee Eckley at 94.9 The Rock – for playing our music and featuring us on ‘Generation Next’. This was definitely one of our top highlights of 2018!
- Alex Gamble – for being an awesome producer and helping us become better musicians. We can’t wait to get back in the studio with you in 2019.
- Tyson Hiseler – for filling in for us on bass for our Toronto Ribfest Canada Day gig.
- Craig Laskey – for booking us at the Horseshoe Tavern. Playing this iconic venue was definitely one of the top highlights of 2018.
- Claudio Paola – for all of your great photos and video at our gigs! You definitely know how to make us look good.
- Ray Robinson – for profiling our singer, Michelle, and playing ‘New One’ from our debut album on iLive Radio’s Artist2Artist.
- Kieran Sells – for giving us the opportunity to perform on Global’s ‘The Morning Show’. We can’t thank you enough for what will be one of our top highlights of 2019!
- Serge Sargento – for booking us at The Rivoli for our year-end show! The venue has been on our hit list and we’re thankful to have had the chance to perform there.
- “The X” CFBX 92.5FM – for playing our debut album and giving us exposure all the way out in Kamloops, BC.
- The Hideout – for selecting the band to perform at The Bout Music Festival & Competition. We can’t wait to perform at such a great rock venue in 2019.
- Union Sound Company – for letting us record our second album in your incredible studio. We can’t wait to come back in 2019 to continue working on our sophomore effort.
- Jay Zak – for filling in on guitar at our Piston gig.
To all of the fantastic music venues who have hosted us over the past year (and in some cases over several years), including: The Horseshoe Tavern, Rivoli, The Gladstone Hotel, The Cavern Bar, B-Side Lounge, The Piston, Revival Bar and Junction City Music Hall. We look forward to rocking these venues again in the future!
Lastly, a special thank you to all of our friends and family who continue to support us. You come out to every single show, and we can’t thank you enough for encouraging us and keeping us motivated every single day.
Top highlights from 2018
Performing at Toronto Ribfest on Canada Day
Band feature on 94.9 Generation Next
Performing at the iconic Horseshoe Tavern
Getting back into the recording studio for our sophomore album
Enjoy the rest of 2018 and we’ll see you in 2019!
Photo credit: Claudio Paola